Sunday, January 9, 2011

Success at last!

At Long last! Over two years in the making - the long awaited varsity socks are done and the ever patient Felicia was there with bells on (can you see the excitement in her face?) to help me celebrate. Just had to put fingers to keyboard to celebrate the final expungemnt of this lurking FO from my list. Ha!

OK - So whatever happened to the others? See post from January 9, 2010 for pictures)

  • The red shawl salvaged from the Cedar fire was frogged. I decided the pattern wasn't working for me and the yarn was too nice to just sit, at least as a UFO, because it's still sittin' but at least it's not staring at me any longer!
  • Double-knit hat: That I finished - and another like it as well. I should do more of that kind of knitting as I have nice warm bulky stuff in my stash and chilly homeless people all around.
  • The beaded scarf: Whoops - that's still around someplace. I know I put a few rows on it but not much more. Where is that???
  • The hand-spun shawl: Hey - that's another one that's been misplaced. I actually did a lot of work on this one. I was trying to finish up the yarn, but it's about due to be cast off. I'll fill you in when I clean the master bedroom. It's probaby hiding in there keeping the beaded scarf company...
  • The Edwardian coat: unfortunately languished a little too long unprotected in the bottom of my UFO bin. As the picture shows, the hole is not small! Farewell, Edwardian Coat.
  • Einstein Coat: I tried to pass this on to Samantha. I wonder how it's going?
  • Fuzzy Red Shawl: Done
  • Mobius Scarf: Finished and gifted to Lisa this year
  • Fir Cone Shawl: Frogged. I decided I was never going to pick this up and knit it. I'll save the cone for weaving.
  • Green Shawl: Frogged
  • Irish Moss: Still in Progress
  • Double knit scarf: Frogged
  • Fair Isle laptop cosy: still not begun
OK, so there are a couple more UFOs lurking in the shadows that I need to locate and bring into the light. The knitting priorities for the year are changed a bit. Baby knitting for sure, but I also want to do some designing again - I haven't had a chance to do much of that as of late. I'd still like to have a year of the hand-knit sock but perhaps this time designing my own?

And I want to spin again - and weave. The closest I've gotten to spinning is to dust and polish my wheels a few times and get my fuzzies out just to peek at them. It's time. The poor loom sits in my craft room, well, looooming! It's been partially warped for 3 or 4 years. I can't even remember.

So I'm lifting my coffee cup to a new year of Fiber Faithfulness. It certainly can't be any worse than the last, can it?

No comments:

Post a Comment